Accreditation and Certifications
The Performance Improvement Department of the Makassed General Hospital (MGH) was established in 1981. The goal of the Department is to continuously improve hospital processes, evaluate patient-care activities, promote patients’ safety and prevent risks.
The Hospital has adopted policies which translates into hospital-wide quality improvement goals. In turn, these goals are broken down into attainable individual quality objectives. Measurement of improvement is achieved by a set of Key Performance Indicators.
Hospital committees enhance this effort by assessing the qualitative dimension of hospital processes.
Every effort is made to discover hazards before they pose risks to patients, visitors or employees, responding proactively to implement policies which will have a positive impact on patient satisfaction and safety.
- The hospital received ISO 9001:2000 certification in 2004 that was renewed on 2007, 2011 and 2014.
- In August 2016, the hospital earned the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- The hospital was accredited in 2005 and rated “A”, then re-accredited on 2011 without any reservation by the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health.
- MGH received the HACCP certification for its dietary department in June 2014.
- MGH is preparing for JACIE (European) accreditation for the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit.